Top 10 Big Game Animals at Kruger National Park in South Africa
1. Cape Buffalo – One of the biggest attractions for visitors to Kruger National Park in South Africa is the Cape Buffalo. This is one of the top game animals for any hunter or wildlife enthusiast, and there are more than twenty-five thousand of these animals in the park. The Cape Buffalo is large and impressive, and is one of the top animals that big game hunters look for.
2. Lion – The majestic African lion has always held an allure for big game hunters, and for those who enjoy watching wildlife. A visit to the Kruger National Park offers around fifteen hundred opportunities to see these big cats in their natural habitat. Watch them hunt and frolic, and listen to their roars fill the air as you explore the park.
3. Elephant – Elephants are one of the largest and most difficult animals to hunt, and watching them in their natural habitat in Kruger National Park is a scene you will not soon forget. The park is home to almost twelve thousand elephants, and they are a common sight on safaris.
4. Leopard – The leopard is one of the top big game animals in South Africa, because of the danger, cunning, and quickness of this big cat. Kruger National Park has a population of around one thousand leopards, and these cats are an incredible sight to watch as they run across the terrain in search of food, or use their speed and cunning to take down a meal.
5. Rhinoceros – Kruger National Park features both white rhinoceros and the much rarer black variety, and these big game animals are a must see for anyone on safari or a big game hunt. You will find between three and four hundred black rhinoceros, and more than ten thousand of the white variety.
6. Crocodiles – Crocodiles can be viewed as one of the deadliest animals on earth, and there are many of these animals in the Kruger National Park. The wildebeest, impala, and other natural food sources make the park ideal as a habitat for crocodiles as well.
7. Impala – Impala have always been a favorite big game for hunters, because of the quickness and difficulty in catching this animal. With more than ninety thousand of these animals in the Kruger National Park in South Africa, sighting them is not difficult. Seeing the animal in their natural setting allows you to fully appreciate their grace and speed.
8. Hippopotamus – The hippopotamus is one of the most impressive creatures found anywhere, and they are not known for a sweet disposition. One of these animals can kill a crocodile, making them one of the top game animals found in Kruger National Park.
9. Cheetah – The cheetah is considered one of the top predators and fastest animals in South Africa, and watching one run is incredible. There are only around two hundred in the entire Kruger National Park area, and they are elusive in many cases.
10. Blue Wildebeest – Blue wildebeest can be found in the Kruger National Park in large numbers, with almost ten thousand within the park borders. They are very fast, and during the migration can be seen in large herds traveling together.
Kayla McBride is one of the fellow article contributors of the travel informational website Travel Advisor Tips.